- UFT members at MS 839K began to organize a sickout to protest the unsafe working conditions and lack of testing. The school then switched to remote for December 23.The members wrote an open letter describing their concerns.
- UFT members at Claremont International High School wore Red for Ed on Monday and blasted social media posts out about the rising number of positive cases. By the end of the week 50% of the staff and 20% of the students were out with either symptoms or positive results.
- UFT members at Bard High School in Manhattan made the news after protesting earlier in the week over the lack of testing.
- UFT members at Mott Hall V met to plan their next steps to protest the lack of safety and testing. They initiated an operational complaint and got the administration to agree to send daily reports to the faculty on case numbers and details from the situation room. They plan to take further action in January.
- UFT members at the Metropolitan Expeditionary Learning School in Queens met to plan actions after the break and to initiate an operational complaint.
- UFT members at Pace High School met to plan actions in January. Several reported showing symptoms and remained home on Thursday.
- MORE is running in the 2022 UFT elections as part of the United For Change slate. We want a union that will mobilize our members to protect our rights. See the UFC press release here.
- MORE encourages everyone to sign the petition to stop COVID spread in the schools.
MORE is trying to help all members who want to demand that the city keep us safe. There will be an open meeting on Monday December 27 at 7:00 PM to plan further actions. If you would like to attend, register here.