MORE-UFT is hiring! This is a part-time job with the possibility of becoming full-time within the school year.
MORE-UFT is the progressive caucus of the United Federation of Teachers. See more at our website Morecaucusnyc.org.
Please see the job description below and send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
JOB TITLE: Membership Coordinator & Administrator
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a membership program to recruit and retain new members;
- Identify and support member-leaders in the working groups and district committees;
- Facilitate and maintain communication with members, ensuring that new members receive communications and are aware of how to become involved;
- Facilitate communication between the working groups;
- Update the website and send out weekly member emails;
- Support the management of the MORE member database;
- Provide task supervision for organizing intern;
- Support the legal and financial administration of the organization.
Characteristics and Skill Set Desired
- Passion, interest, and experience in labor organizing
- Interest and enjoyment of speaking to new people, forming critical connections, and developing strong relationships
- Ability to manage and keep track of multiple goals simultaneously
- Critical thinking
- Strong email writing and communication skills
- Capacity to learn new information quickly and independently
- Working understanding of Google Suite, Nationbuilder, and WordPress
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in order to satisfy written skills.
Mostly remote work via zoom. Internet and phone stipends built into the salary. Some in-person meetings evenings and weekends.
This position will be supervised by the Steering Committee of MORE collectively.
This is a part-time consultant position of 21 hours per week, $30 per hour. We abide by EEOC laws.
Health Benefits provided.