UFT and DC 37 members at PS54K wore red on Wednesday
- At The Clinton School (M260) the chapter has held two meetings in the past week. UFT members there will vote on whether to file a safety grievance very soon. Some of the chapter members are drafting a letter about the need for increased testing in schools.
- UFT and DC37 members at PS54K wore red on Wednesday. They are demanding universal weekly testing for students and teachers, transparent data on in-school spread, better air filters, a better response to positive COVID cases, and a clear threshold for class and school closures.
- Several UFT members in District 15 are collecting signatures on this letter of protest.
- MORE urges members to join us in a protest outside our union’s headquarters on Friday at 4 PM. See poster above.
- MORE member and United For Change candidate for UFT Secretary Annie Tan was featured in this news story about school safety and a chaotic reopening.
MORE is running in the 2022 UFT elections as part of the United For Change slate. We want a union that will mobilize our members to protect our rights. See the UFC press release here.