UFT members at Bard High School in Queens on January 7
- MORE will host a public meeting on Tuesday at 7 PM to discuss safety in the schools and the impacts the pandemic has had on your teaching and working conditions. If you are interested in participating, register here.
- The UFT chapter at the Urban Assembly for Green Careers wrote and co-signed a statement in support of the Covid safety protocols MORE is demanding. In addition to sending it to the mayor, chancellor and UFT leadership, they've begun sharing it with students and families to encourage further discussion about how they can collectively keep their school community safe.
- UFT members at Bard High School Queens wore black on Friday to protest unsafe working conditions.
- The UFT chapter at the Earth School has circulated a letter to the city urging tougher safety protocols and has asked parents to sign on.
- Several UFT members in District 15 are collecting signatures on this letter of protest.
- MORE urges members to join us in a protest outside our union’s headquarters on today at 5 PM. See poster above.
- MORE is running in the 2022 UFT elections as part of the United For Change slate. We want a union that will mobilize our members to protect our rights. See the UFC press release here.